WHO WE ARE
ABOUT SMSS NGO
People´s Action for Social Service (PASS) is a Non-Government Organization, based in Tirupati, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh, India. PASS has been working for the empowerment of the disadvantaged, marginalized, and vulnerable groups of the society, in areas of economic, leadership, social, educational, psychological and health development, over the last 23 years.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1987, at the world-famous temple town of Tirupati, in Chittoor District of the State of Andhra Pradesh, India. PASS is dedicated to the service of the disadvantaged sections of the society in the drought-affected famine Zone of South India. Registered as an NGO under the State Act and approved by the Government of India to receive foreign contributions. PASS has been working for the all-round development of the poor, the destitute, the aged, the handicapped, vulnerable high risk, disadvantaged women and children.
To empower its target group downtrodden, disadvantaged, stigmatized, vulnerable, high-risk sections through programmes/schemes for empowerment and inclusive development.
An inclusive development of downtrodden, disadvantaged, stigmatized, vulnerable, high risk sections to lead productive, safe dignified and sustainable lives
- The aid of the PASS is the liberation of the people of the nation to a richer disease-free and more regarding life.
- PASS wish to build a world-wide fellowship gathering, together with men and women regardless of race, color, nationality, creed, social position, or political opinion.
- To develop the poorest of the poor people through socioeconomic educational, environmental, medical and health developmental activities.
- The main intention of the organization is to provide welfare services to the physically handicapped and disabled people, through rehabilitation services to reintegrate them in the mainstream of society by all the means of possible ways.
- To conduct seminars, workshops, training campaign on the issue of disabilities and utilization of the services of experts in this field.